Thursday, December 3, 2009

White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies


All-American classic cookies. Nothing compares to the beautiful taste of white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts together in the same cookie. The only reason this is my favorite cookie of all time is because it has no chocolate. At all. My husband tells me I am not a real woman because I hate chocolate. It's sad, but very true.

Even though not true "chocolate" it's still the most wonderful sweet treat ever. When Hershey's came out with the Cookies N Cream bars .. it was heaven at the check out line! Not so much for my thighs. Well Snickerdoodles are never the easiest to master and I still have yet to do so. Here is the recipe so far. Trial number one was delicious but not quite perfection and that is what my kitchen strives for.

I think one reason this recipe failed was because I was over-zealous with the white-chocolate chips. I just love them SO much I felt I had to double the recipe. Learn from my mistake .. that is a big no-no. You have got to have some cookie with your white chocolate chips.

White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
8 ounces white chocolate
6 ounces macadamia nuts, chopped

In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour and baking soda in separate bowl then stir into mixture. Then, stir in the white chocolate chips and nuts. The mixture was very liquidy and the cookies spread out quite a bit so drop cookies in small nickel sized drops on greased cookie sheet. Make sure they are pretty far apart too (approximately 2 inches is best). Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for about 7-8 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment