Saturday, December 26, 2009

Easy Tuna Melt



Here's another simple and easy dinner for those "I don't want to work out, do laundry or cook" kind of nights. It's very simple with few ingredients and can be modified for your own personal taste. I also added some Spirulina hot sauce. It has a green tip. You can find it at certain grocery stores in the asian food isle and I highly recommend it.

Easy Tuna Melt (4 sandwiches)
Adapted from: Allrecipes

2 can tuna in water, drained
mayonaise to taste (I used just under 1/4 cup)
1/4 small onion, chopped
8 pieces bread
4 slices cheese

optional ingredients:
peppers to taste (I didn't use any but will do green peppers next time)
1 Jalapeno, sliced and seeds/middle cut out (I used these the first trial and it really gave them some spice)
dash of minced garlic
dash of hot sauce (the peppers in my opinion gave this recipe more spice the first time around)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix tuna, onion, mayo and optional ingredients to taste. Place desired amount on bread and place onto cookie sheet. Place sliced jalapeno's onto tuna mix if desired and cheese slices on top of that. Bake approximately 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted.

*I served this with a side spring mix salad and it was the perfect amount for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment