Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Easy Cherry Pie



Have you forgotten about that pitch-in at work or a family gathering you volunteered to bring dessert to? No need to worry because here is the solution. Easy as pie!

My mom has been making this and taught me a long time ago how to master the art of a beautiful crust. Moms are the best and I plan to pass this talent onto my children some day.

Easy Cherry Pie
Adapted from: the recipe on the cans of cherry filling at local grocery

1 package pie crusts
2 21oz cans cherry pie filling
2 tsp sugar

Preheat oven to 425 degrees and lightly grease pie pan. Unroll one pie crust and lay into pie pan making sure all sides are an even height. Pour pie filling into crust and cover flat with second crust. Take a dull knife and cut excess crust that hangs over the edge of the glass pie pan.

Fold top layer of crust over top bottom layer's edge of crust and press together. When finised make into a desired "crust-like" zig-zag pattern. Cut 12-16 slits in top of crust with dull knife for ventilation and sprinkle with sugar.

Cook pie at 425 degrees for 15 minutes and then turn heat down to 350 degrees for remaining 30 minutes. I like to put foil over top of my crust to prevent browning and hardening too much. I usually remove after the first 20-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment