Thursday, July 15, 2010

Zuccini Bread


I will admit that as a child and even a young adult, I really did not like straying from my normal meals. I didn't even think I liked zucchini before making this recipe, but had never even tried it. I'm so sorry to all the delicious zucchini's out there for being so judgemental! I absolutely LOVED this bread! I have never tried a zucchini recipe nor tasted anything with zucchini in it before. This recipe really wowed. I think it's better than my banana bread recipe so I guess I will have to go back to the drawing board on that one.

Zucchini Bread
Adapted from: all-recipes

3 eggs
1 cup canola oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups grated zucchini*
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
dash salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Grease and lightly flour 2 small loaf pans, about 8x4 in measurement. Beat eggs in stand mixer with paddle attachment until frothy (3 minutes). Mix in oil and sugar and continue to mix on medium speed. Add in zucchini and vanilla.

In a separate bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nuts. Slowly add to mixture in stand mixer on low speed. Continue to mix until well blended.

Divvy up the mixture into two equal batches and pour into greased loaf pans. Bake at 325 degrees for approximately 55-65 minutes. They will darken more than you think they should but don't worry!

* I looked up online how to grate zucchini (as I have never done so) and it is as simple as using a cheese grater. Just cut one end off and use the largest round holes on the grater; you don't even need to peel or de-seed the zucchini. Just grate it all! I got 4 cups+ from a large garden zucchini from a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment