Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Perfect Hamburger


We all have our super-secret hamburger recipes for grilling in the summer time. Well, this is my personal (and continuously changing/improving) hamburger recipe! I used to just grill plain ol' burgers but that just didn't have enough flavor. It's no wonder I slathered on the mayo like it was going out of style. At any rate I have heard of other people putting things into the burger recipe so I gave it a whirl this past week. I had a leftover jalapeno pepper so I threw some of that in, a dash of BBQ sauce, onions and voila! Perfection! The only thing I think I will do next time is slice more jalapeno's to be able to top the burger with.

The Perfect Hamburger
Adapted from: Kelly's Kitch original

1 lb ground beef
1/3 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
toppings (mayo, tomato, etc)

Mix all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl with hands. Form 4 thick (and large-diameter) patties and place on the grill, low heat, until cooked. The patties will shrink a little bit so make them bigger than you want. Place on hamburger buns and top with desired toppings!

No comments:

Post a Comment