Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Santa Fe Chicken Salad Wraps


One last delicious summer-style meal that you can make all winter long (pending being able to find good tomatoes). I love the summer but I am more of a fall girl. To tell you the truth, I really could live without air conditioning. Not many people can say that. Well, even though summer is coming to a close I have great plans in store for fall and winter! As my last summer meal, I have made a delicious chicken wrap that I found in a really old magazine (circa 2008) that I've not opened once. I actually made this entire recipe indoors so it could be a fall/winter meal, especially when you get the winter blues and miss summer. That happens to me around early Feburary.

Santa Fe Chicken Salad Wraps
Adapted from: Kraft Food & Family, Summer 2008
Serves: 4-6 people; 8 wraps

2 cooked boneless chicken breasts, cubed
4 cups torn romaine lettuce
1 large tomato, chopped
1 can whole kernel corn, drained (11 oz)
1/2 cup mexican-style shredded cheese
1/4 cup Ranch dressing
1/4 cup salsa
8 flour tortillas, large

To cook the chicken, I baked them in a glass dish, covered in foil (with my preferred seasonings) for around 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees. Make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through and then allow it to cool a bit and cube it. Set aside.

Toss romaine lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, and corn in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine dressing and salsa in separate bowl and pour over romaine mixture. Toss to coat evenly.

Meanwhile, place all of the tortillas on a plate, stacked, and microwave for 25 seconds to heat them. Then, place the romaine mixture on top of each one, dividing equally. Roll up and if needed, keep together with a toothpick. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment