Thursday, September 23, 2010

White Chocolate Macadamia Oatmeal Cookies


If the name of these cookies isn't a mouthful, I'm not sure I know what is. I absolutely LOVE white chocolate and macadamia nuts. If I ever get a choice I will always choose that kind of cookie over any other kind. Locally we have a place called Paradise Bakery and they are known for having amazing cookies. No offense, but these white chocolate/macadamia nut cookies are better than theirs!! I really couldn't taste the oats in them and they cooked and blended well with the other ingredients. Absolutely heaven. I really love that they were a little healthier (hey, you still have to use sugar and chocolate in them) than the normal cookies.

White Chocolate Macadamia Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted from: allrecipes
Yields: 28 cookies

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1.5 cups traditional oats
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, white and brown sugars until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix on medium-low until fully incorporated.

In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda. Pour this dry mixture into the stand mixer bowl and mix until well blended. Slowly add in the oats, chocolate chips and nuts. Make sure the mixer is on the lowest setting for this as the batter will thicken some.

Roll batter into small 1-inch balls and place on greased baking sheet (although I highly recommend Silpat mats as I use them for all my baking now). Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Keep cookies on baking sheet for a few more minutes to ensure softness and then place on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment