Sunday, September 19, 2010

Rosemary Parmesan Chicken Pasta


I used to get the Real Simple magazine at home. Unfortunately I have taught myself to cut back on certain things while I am job-searching. As tough as the market has been, surprisingly, I have not missed too much of my "luxuries" but this magazine sure is one of them. Fortunately for me, right before my last subscription a while back, I received a recipe booklet from them with easy recipes and this was one of my favorites! I did change the recipe around a little because the cheese and chicken liked each other a lot and wanted nothing to do with the pasta. I.e. there were chicken/cheese chunks throughout the dish.

Rosemary Parmesan Chicken Pasta
Adapted from: Real Simple
Serves: 4

12 oz orechiette pasta (or small shells)
3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked
2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
salt and pepper, to taste

Cook the pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, shred the chicken with a fork and set aside. Reserve 1 1/4 cups of the pasta water and drain the pasta. Return pasta to the pot and add the rosemary, pasta water, 1/2 cup of the parmesan, whipping cream, salt, and pepper. Mix and heat on medium-low heat until cheese is melted and creamy. Add the chicken last and then cook until warmed thoroughly, about 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese onto individual pasta dishes and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment