Monday, March 22, 2010

Sausage Jumbalaya


I have always been a huge fan of anything cajun. It is really hard for me to recreate it at home but this is so easy and is so declicious it's really almost impossible to mess up. That is my kind of dish! The spices don't overpower the vegetables and sausage; it's just right. It has taken me a few trials until I found one that I really felt was blog-worthy and that was just .. perfection. Here it is!!! Enjoy.

Sausage Jumbalaya
Adapted from: Easy Slowcooker Cookbook

1 lb cooked, smoked sausage links, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
1 lg can diced tomatoes (28 oz), undrained
1 tbsp parsley flakes
1/2 tsp ground thyme
1 tsp cajun seasoning
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice

Spray slow cooker and combine all ingredients except rice. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Add the rice, mix well, and cook an additional 1 hour on low. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment