Monday, March 1, 2010

Beef and Vegetable Linguine


I can't remember what magazine I got this from but it has been a huge family favorite in our house for a while. I just cut out the recipe and put it on an index card a while ago before blogging. I think it may have come from a Kraft magazine but I could be wrong. At any rate, this pasta dish has everything you could ever want: beef, veggies and not too much sauce. When cooking the suace it seems like it won't be enough to coat all the linguine but it will be. It comes out to be the perfect amount. I also am a HUGE fan of broccoli and carrots so this is a fantastic, easy, quick weeknight meal for just my husband and myself. Plus as an added bonus I rarely ever make steak so he really loves anything I cook with that in it.

Beef and Vegetable Linguine
Adapted from: source unknown (possibly a Kraft Food Magazine)

8 oz linguine
3 cups broccoli florets
2 cups carrot slices
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 lb beef sirloin steak, cut into strips
1/4 cup Italian dressing
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 tsp ground ginger

Cook pasta according to package directions in large pot. Add broccoli and carrots during last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta mixture and return to serving bowl. Meanwhile heat oil in large skillet. Add the meat and cook until browned, sitrring occasionally. Stir in dressing, teriyaki sauce and ginger. Cook until sauce thickens, about 5 additional minutes. Pour meat and sauce mixture on top of noodle mixture in serving bowl and toss to combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment