Monday, March 15, 2010

Classic Fettucini Alfredo II


I love pasta. I can't emphaasize that enough. I am so grateful to have good genes (in some areas) and that my parents have very high metabolisms and don't gain weight very easily. I am probably not doing myself any favors by eating pasta all the time though. Well I tried this recipe a while back and it was pretty good. The sauce was amazing since I had never made home made fettucini sauce before. I have always loved my fettucini with tomatoes. I put tomatoes on everything: pizza, pasta, doesn't matter. I thought this would be a wonderful addition to the recipe. I also used fettucini noodles instead of spaghetti this time (I forgot last time) and it was just fantastic.

Classic Fettucini Alfredo II
Adapted from: Annie's Eats, originally Brown Eyed Baker
For chicken breasts: (OMIT for vegetarian entree)
1-2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, butterflied
1 tbsp oil
salt and pepper, to taste

For fettucini sauce:
3 tbsp butter
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1.5 cups heavy cream
1.5 cups parmesan cheese
salt & pepper, to taste
3/4 cup chopped roma tomato pieces

First, boil water stove top and cook noodles to preferred consistency. Meanwhile, cook chicken breasts with oil in a small skillet on mediut heat 3-5 minutes on each side until no longer pink. Slice and set aside. Keep warm.

Then, melt butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Add garlic and cream, simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook an additional 5-7 minutes until thickened. Mix in cheese until melted and salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss in the tomatoes and serve warm with chicken on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment