Friday, October 9, 2009

Spicy Meatloaf


I apologize in advance because meatloaf is one of those recipes I don't ever measure anything. There aren't very many, but there are a few. I did try to do my best to measure for the sake of the blog. Typically my meatloaf is ground beef but I had some ground turkey and leftover peppers and I was feeling spicy. I have never made it with anything but onions but this time added peppers. Turned out pretty delicious and it's really the first recipe that I have tweaked nearly every part of. I did add spices in which I never had before.

Spicy Meatloaf

1 lb ground turkey
1 egg
1/3 cup ketchup
2 slices wheat bread (any other kind will do)
1/3 cup mixture of chopped onion, red and green pepper
1 tsp canola oil
1/8 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cajun seasoning

Knead all ingredients in a bowl with hands until thoroughly mixed. Shape in the form of a loaf in an 8x8 pan. You won't use the entire pan but it will drain fatty juices as it cooks. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. MEatloaf is a great recipe to try new spices out in. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete