Thursday, October 15, 2009

Banana Bread

Who eats all their bananas before they turn brown? Nobody in my household. I started freezing them, hearing that they make for good banana bread later. I found a fantastic recipe and decided to try it since I had everything at home for it and didn't need to buy anything. I love those kinds of recipes. The ones I can just find things in my pantry and make right away.

I have never made banana bread before so I wasn't aware of just how dark it is supposed to get. I didn't finish cooking it the first trial so I just stuck it back in the oven for a little while longer. Next time I'll know. I adjusted the recipe below to account for that.

Banana Bread

1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups flour
1 1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional

Mix all ingredients with a mixer for about 2 minutes. Bake in a greased 9x9 pan at 350 degrees (conventional) for 50-55 minutes or until completely baked through. Check this by sticking a toothpick in the middle.

I also think these would make great banana cupcakes (future blog)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment