Thursday, January 21, 2010

Smoked Sausage



I usually always make this but have never blogged about it. It seemed too simple to do so. My mother used to make this for me when I was growing up every week. It is a quick, easy week night dinner when you are on the go. To me, it is common knowledge how to make this but I had to learn from someone. Maybe other people make smoked sausage a different way. How do you make it?

I usually pair the sausage with a side of macaroni and cheese or some kind of boxed noodles. Like I said, this is a quick week night dinner. Home made isn't usually quick, for me anyways. Also you can use fresh or canned pineapple. I had a fresh one I got at the store this week but we are in the process of moving and wanted to use up the can we had. One less can to carry. I know, it's silly.



Smoked Sausage
Kelly's Kitch original

1 package skinless smoked sausage (2 large links)
1 can sliced pineapple, in juice (or fresh but save the juices)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut the sausages in half, then cut them lengthwise so they lay flat. Place them flat side down in an 9x13 glass dish. Pour pineapple juice from can (or fresh) over them. There should barely be enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Then, lay 4-5 pineapples on top of the sausages. Bake for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook your side dish. I usually go for something with noodles: mac and cheese or a box noodle dinner. Then you can serve both the warm pineapple and leftover cold pineapples with the sausage and side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment