Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cincinnati-Style Spaghetti



I am always looking for different ways to make pasta, especially spaghetti. Even though we live so close to Cincinnati, I have never actually made this before. I can't even remember the last time anyone has made this for me in the last decade either. At any rate I saw this in my new cookbook I got for Christmas so I had to make it! My husband loves his beans and I love my pasta! Perfect combination!



Cincinnati-Style Spaghetti
Adapted from: Biggest Book of 30-Minute Meals (Better Homes & Garden)

12 ounces dried spaghetti
1 lb ground beef
1 cup onion, chopped
2 tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 (15oz) can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 (14oz) jar marinara sauce
1/2 cup water
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Cook spaghetti per package directions. Meanwhile, in large skillet cook beef and onion until onion is tender and meat is browned. Drain and return to pan. Stir in cinnamon and chili powder and cook an additional 2 minutes. Add kidney beans, marinara sauce and water. Cook over medium heat until boiling and stir occasionally.

To serve, place warm noodles in bowl, cover with sauce and top with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment