Thursday, December 29, 2011

Chocolate Covered Bananas


Pinterest is my new obsession! I got an idea to make something similar to these from one of the pins on there. I totally ignored the recipe when I made these because it was really a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing. I was making buckeyes and had a ton of leftover chocolate so I was searching for things to dip in it. Think chocolate fountain! I didn't want to use my apples since I was saving them for another recipe. I had some banana's so I dipped them into the chocoalte and froze them. I tasted them 1 hour after freezing (they weren't too frozen) and after overnight (they were rock solid). I definitely prefer and would suggest the 1-hour freezing because you still could taste the banana really well. This is a very easy dessert and a great way to use up all that extra chocolate!!

Chocolate Covered Bananas
Adapted from: Kelly's Kitch original

1/2 bag chocolate chips (6 oz)
1/4 bar paraffin wax
4-5 large bananas, cut into 1-inch segments
toothpicks
Parchment paper

Melt the chocolate and paraffin in a double boiler on the stove. While that is melting, prepare 1-2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Continue to mix the chocolate until all the wax is melted and there are no more chunks in the mixture. Dip the bananas with the toothpick into the chocolate, completely submerging it. Place onto the prepared baking sheet(s) and allow to freeze for at least 1 hour before serving.

If you plan to freeze overnight, I'd suggest letting them sit out for 20-30 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment