Friday, September 2, 2011

Sausage Jumbalaya, revisited



Finally I'm starting to get back into a routine with the little one! Even though I still love to cook (bake, mostly) I seem to find little time for myself. Easy, week night dinners are high on my priority list. That and low-ingredient meals since going to the grocery is now a race to see whether I can make it home before bubba wakes up. ;) This meal has both few ingredients, is inexpensive, and utilizes the crock pot. It really couldn't get any easier unless you had a live-in cook! I have made (and posted) this recipe in the past, but now that I have a dslr camera, I'm motivated to repost old recipes that are hidden in the archives and give new life the previously dull pictures. Enjoy!

Sausage Jumbalaya
Adapted from: Easy Slowcooker Cookbook
Yields: 6 servings

Ingredients

1 lb cooked, smoked sausage links, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
1 lg can diced tomatoes (28 oz), undrained
1 Tbsp parsley flakes
1/2 tsp ground thyme
1 tsp cajun seasoning
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice

Directions

Spray slow cooker (or use liner) and combine all ingredients except rice. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Add the rice, mix well, and cook an additional 1 hour on low. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment