Monday, September 26, 2011

Chicken Stroganoff


This recipe originally called for cubed turkey, but I'm not seasoned enough yet to experiment with it; nor do I know where to find turkey like that (reasonably priced anyways). Chicken is a great substitute and tasted amazing in this easy skillet dinner. You can always cook the chicken when you have time and just store it in the fridge. That really makes this dinner take no time at all to prepare. We also always substitute frozen corn for peas with any recipe since we both dislike peas. My husband even took all of the leftovers (and yes, I mean ALL) for lunch the next few days. None of this was thrown out if that says anything about the taste. Next time I might not use as many noodles since it wasn't as creamy as I'd like. I added quite a bit more than the recipe called for. :) That's what I do, though.

Chicken Stroganoff
Adapted from: Pillsbury
Yields: 4-6 servings

1 can chicken broth (14 oz)
1 jar turkey gravy (12 oz)
2.5 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup sour cream
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp pepper
2 cups cooked, cubed chicken (or turkey)

In a large skillet, heat broth and gravy until boiling. Stir in noodles, carrots, peas, sour cream, nutmeg and pepper. Return pan to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer on medium-low for 10 minutes. Stir in the chicken (or turkey) until noodles and vegetables are tender and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment