Thursday, August 19, 2010

Strawberry Soup


There isn't much to say about this soup that isn't obvious from it's ingredients (or that delicious photo): strawberries, yogurt, yum! Anything with strawberries in it, I will try. I don't like chocolate, but I thoroughly make up for it with my love of strawberry. Unfortunately that doesn't help me to try new flavors at ice cream outings because if strawberry is an option, I will choose it every single time. Shakes? Strawberry, thank you. I guess you could say I do have a slight obsession with them, which makes it very surprising that I haven't posted more recipes. Usually I like to just eat them by the pound (oops) and so this was a change for me. As soon as I had that first bite of this soup, I knew it wouldn't last more than a day or two. My blender also made it to the sink pretty clean. ;)

Strawberry Soup
Adapted from: The Cooks Next Door, originally Food Network

1 lb strawberries, cleaned and hulled
3/4 cup whipping cream (or half & half)
3/4 cup plain yogurt (or sour cream)
1/4 cup sugar
4 tsp lemon juice

Puree strawberries in blender and pour into a medium-sized tupperware bowl. Add remaining ingredients one at a time to incorporate. Mix well. Chill before serving and garnish with strawberry or mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment