Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups


I want to first apologize for the awful iPhone picture, but this recipe was so good I had to post it. Unfortunately I lost my camera so it might be a little while before I post again. Until that time, just know that I have found the ultimate breakfast .. even to-go! That is just perfect for my husband who hates to stop and eat breakfast in the morning (which I, of course, know is the most important meal of the day). This recipe is very simple, requires no prep and doesn't take more than 20-25 minutes to make.

Bacon, Egg and Toast Cups
Adapted from: Annie's Eats, originally The Noshery

6 pieces of bread
6 bacon slices
4-5 eggs (beaten if you like scrambled eggs)
shredded cheese
salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, cook bacon on medium-high heat for about 4-6 minutes to slightly cook (you still want them to be flexible). Place bacon on plate with paper towels to cool. While the bacon is cooling, cut out a 3-inch round out of the bread slices. I used a plastic cup and that worked perfectly.

Take the bacon pieces and wrap them around the edges of the bread. Then, place the round bread pieces in each of 6 greased muffin cups so that it forms a little bowl.Note: The bread WILL stay in the muffin cups since it's not toasted yet. I was somewhat skeptical of that. Next, sprinkle a little cheese in the bottom of the cups and pour the egg into it until it almost fills up. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the egg is done (will not be liquidy anymore). Make sure you turn the pan 180-degrees about halfway through cooking.

Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment