Thursday, May 13, 2010

Nachos


We've all eaten breakfast for dinner or had something completely out of the ordinary just because we have the sweet freedom to do so as an adult. Well, one of my biggest guilty pleasures is nachos. I can eat them anywhere (Sam I am?). I absolutely love all kinds of nachos but have never made any at home. Maybe because I am lazy or because I just prefer normal meals at home and guilty pleasures at restaurants. Who knows. At any rate I finally got to this dog-eared recipe and decided it was our dinner. My husband didn't complain .. it has meat in it, right!? I really think it was a wonderful change to our normal dinners that I am running out of ideas for. So go ahead and indulge once in a while.

Nachos

5 cups bite-sized tortilla chips (6 oz)
1 lb ground beef
1 can black or pinto beans (15oz), rinsed and drained
1 cup salsa
1.5 cups shredded cheese, mexican blend (6 oz)
Optional toppings: lettuce, green onions, cilantro, etc

Spread half of the tortilla chips in an 11x8 casserole dish and set aside. In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until brown. Drain off fat and add beans and salsa. Spoon half the mixture on top of the tortilla chips. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat layer with chips, beef mixture and cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve on individual plates, topping with additional optional topings if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment