Thursday, February 18, 2010

White and Green Chili


This chili was a very warm and refreshing difference from our usual chili. I have tried pumpkin chili but it's really not fall anymore so it just seemed that this was more winter-friendly. Since most of the country is getting snow dumped on them and we are no exception here in Indiana, I thought this was a perfect, easy week night dinner to warm any family up! And did I mention it came from my big recipe book for THIRTY MINUTE MEALS? How's that for quick and easy!? My menu this week is mainly just that: crock pot and quick meals. I'm a little worn out from moving and unpacking. I'm not wonder woman. I can't do everything.

Although at times I wish I could.

White and Green Chili
Adapted from: Biggest Book of 30-Minute Meals (Better Homes and Gardens)

1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 can navy beans, rinsed and drained
1 jar salsa (16 oz)
1 can chicken broth (14 oz)
1.5 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
sour cream, for topping

In large skillet, brown ground beef and onions. Once onions are soft and ground beef is cooked through drain off fat and return to pan. Add beans, salsa, chicken broth and cumin. Mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes stirring occasionally. Mix in tbsp cilantro before serving and sprinkle any additional desired on top with sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment